Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another Rant

thinking I should rename my blog to my rants... lol

I am really not an angry person, but I have no one to talk to about these things.

We are BROKE. B R O K E Broke and it sucks.  I don't know if we have enough money to even pay all of our bills this month.  We have 2 credit cards maxed out (So about $8,000.00 in debt on those) not to mention I have a Mohela Loan that we owe $6500 on and we still own about $7K on the car.  I don't know how people do this thing.  I try to be as frugal as I can, but with gas being $3.54 and diesel is $3.79 a gallon it is crazy.  Chris makes right at $1400 a month.  I stay home with the kids because I would be lucky to get a job making $8 an hour- drive 20 miles round trip- pay daycare for 2 kids (which would be around $40-$50 a day!!) AND if I got a job we would probably lose our food stamps (which I hate being on...but you have to do what you have to do I guess..) and the kids would probably lose their medcaid.  We can't afford to sign the kids up on Chris' because for 2 kids or more it is like $350 a month!  They don't have a smaller plan then that!  Our bills right now take up over half of what Chris makes a month, the rest goes to fuel and basic toiletries.

Our bills:
Dish Network: $15.39 (We could cut this out but we would have to either buy a new tv or buy an outside antenae and a converter box since it all went digital--not in the budget) and we are not that kind of people that can go without.  we have kids.

Insurance: $100 a month (we pay it every 3 months and it is about $324- that is for 2 cars and renters insurance)

Life Insurance for me and the kids: $40 a month

Verizon: $149 - 2 phones and internet (I need the internet for my online classes)

Southwest Electric: Anywhere between $60 and $120 a month.  With the AC on it is higher.

Sears: $30

Lowes: $50

Chase: $140 min payment

TRU: $125 min payment

Amazon: $30 min payment

FFO: $25

Mohela: $80 will be going away once they realize I am in school again

Car Payment: $188

John Deere: $75 min payment

ugh

1 comment:

  1. Things will get better. I've been in your shoes and I know how hard it is when you are always broke... especially with kids who want stuff and want to do stuff... God will make a way. I am not sure if you're a homeschool mom or not but if you want to find me on facebook there is a whole community of stay at home homeschooling moms who would really relate what you're going through. Kristie_S_Horn@yahoo.com is my email address. Find me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete